Start: 25 Oct 2011
End: 25 Oct 2011
The 2011 NUI Maynooth Wave Energy Workshop, organised by the Centre for Ocean Energy Research, will be held on 25th Oct. in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth. This year's workshop will focus on modelling, control and optimisation for wave energy systems and will feature presentations from invited experts from both Ireland and abroad. The programme will include speakers from both industry and academia. There will also be an opportunity to submit contributions for interactive poster sessions. The call for posters is attached below.
The event is free, but pre-registration is required. Please contact Dr. Jan Westphalen (email@example.com) to register.
This event is funded by Science Foundation Ireland and the Ocean Energy Development Unit of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
Workshop location information:
- Call for posters [download]
- Final programme [download]
- Babarit - Numerical benchmarking study of a selection of Wave Energy Converters [download]
- Bacelli - A control framework for wave energy converters [download]
- Costello - TechnoEconomic Optimisation for Wave Energy Conversion [download]
- Forehand - Time-Domain Modelling of WEC Arrays and a Wave-To-Wire Model [download]
- Fusco - Simple and Effective Real-time Controller for Wave Energy Converters [download]
- Livingstone - Building a Commercial Time Domain Simulation Tool to Serve an Emerging Wave Energy Industry [download]
- Molinas - Sensitivity of WEC control to the real sea condition and its impact on all electric PTO [download]
- Thomas - Some observations on modelling arrays of wavepower devices [download]
- Hoff - Real world challenges in designing a WEC PTO system [download]
- List of participants [download]
- Weber - Integrated WEC System Optimisation – Achieving Balanced Technology Development and Economical Lifecycle Performance [download]